Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1 is not my favorite day

Not long after we got back to the states with the monkey, my parents and I took him to Cleveland, to visit old friends. I think I took this photo outside our old church - Cleveland First United Methodist. What a happy time . Look how sweet and happy every one is! This is the way I remember my precious father. Gosh, I miss him. Eight years have seemed so long without him. I promise, I am not going to stay on this pity wagon - I just miss him today.
The monkey has mono - MONO. The husband says that the doctor told him that monkey was exposed to it 45 days ago - do you think he meant 4 to 5 days ago? I am not sure, but I do know that monkey cannot do any physical activities for a while, until the doctors say his spleen is back to the normal size. Poor baby - he is supposed to be checked out of school today, and go to the State game with Uncle Dale. I hope he is up to it.
Have a wonderful day - count your blessings. I read a quote the other day [ on pinterest - my new love] that said 'what if you woke up today with only the blessings you thanked God for last night?' it has certainly changed my prayers, I can tell you.

No comments: