Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday week- good times for everyone

Okay, I just got in from my date-Monkey and I went to see "Harry Potter" , while Clark and Ladybug had sushi and shoe-shopped. I cried several times during the movie, which made my son really happy, don't you know. I could not help it. After hearing so many mixed reviews of the movie, I honestly thought it was awesome. Monkey thought it was pretty great, too.
Tomorrow is our cooking day - we are taking squash casserole , key lime pie, and chocolate chess tartlets. I am really looking forward to our preparations , and the rest of our holiday. Most people who know me are aware that I am not a fan of Thanksgiving , and I try to find things for our little family to do that are non-traditional. While we were tutoring last week, one of the girls [at the girl's home in town] told me that she was the only one staying over the holiday- she could not go and be with any family. I took that as a sign from God that we were to take her in this week, and we are picking her up tomorrow. She is sweet, and I think she will have a good time going to the farm .
I wish more of our family would be together this year, but I will be happy with what we get. Just think - three weeks of school, and then we are out for Christmas! After that, the countdown for our Italian Spring Break trip begins! Ciao!

2 comments:

jkbragg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jkbragg said...

sounds like a delightful time. Do you think I could tutor at the girl's home? I would be delighted to- when I was without family, people loved me and took me in, I take that as my go ahead to love and take in others as needed...I look for chances to do this :) can't wait to see you Tuesday.
btw, I accidentally deleted my comment...so I reposted it :)