Sunday, August 5, 2012

weekends are made for this






So, we had to go to Memphis. Thomas really wanted some Kimchi, and of course we like any excuse to head out to the International Market [woo!!!] 
When I woke up at 5:00 a.m. [ because I'm a teacher and cool like that ] I had a genius idea - look up Korean restaurants in Memphis, and let Thomas have a taste of home. I am going to have to say that I really liked the "Kwik Check" in  the Overton Square area, and we all four enjoyed the bi bim bop. Yes, I said it. I am NOT going to say that I loved the kimchi we had that evening, but I will say the lunch was pretty great. And it made Thomas very happy. Cannot wait to see what the monkey will do with a big stone bowl of goodness. 
The monkey will be home this evening - in about two hours. actually. We are looking forward to hearing all about his trip with the youth group from church, and we are also fighting back the tears when we realize that our sweet little baby boy is now a seventh grader..... how did that happen? 
School starts for the children tuesday. I think I will be ready by then . I am so thankful that I spent so much time back in May, when I cleaned and organized both of my storage spaces. I hope I can stay that organized throughout the year. I doubt it, but I can always hope. 
I hope you have a smooth transition into the school year, and have treat yourself to a nice big hot bi bim bop!


Ni Hao Yall

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy Wow! I can't believe school is starting so quickly! We go back the last week of August. I don't really want the summer to end. It has been so blissful!